The EXMARaLDA Partitur Editor is a tool for transcribing and annotating of digital audio and video files. With the Partitur Editor, you can enter, edit and output transcriptions in musical score (German: “Partitur) format. Transcription and digital audio or video recordings can be linked and aligned in this process. [Scroll down for the gallery with impressions]
The Partitur-Editor offers the following functionality:
- Time-aligned transcription in multiple tiers;
- Processing of transcriptions according to common transcription conventions (HIAT, GAT, CHAT);
- Output of transcription data in different layouts (musical score, line-for-line), in different document formats (HTML, MS Word) and with multimedia links to audio or video;
- Adding manual annotations in an arbitrary number of additional tiers, semi-automatic annotation methods, support for systematic annotation schemes;
- Documentation of speakers;
- Data exchange with other widely-used systems (Praat, ELAN, Transcriber etc.);
- Calling CLARIN-D-Webservices for automatization of workflows (alignment, token annotation).
As Java-based application, the Partitur-Editor will run on all common operating systems (Windows, Macintosh, Linux) with a current Java Runtime Environment. The source code is Open Source and it is available at GitHub.
In the section Help/Support, you can find further documents. Feel free to contact the CLARIN-D Helpdesk if you have additional questions.
Besides that, we offer EXMARaLDa introductory training courses on regular basis, you can read more about them on this page.